"Classic Travel Services" is a premium tours and travels agency based in Pune,Aurangabad,Nashik and
is India's only travel agency mainly focused on tourists traveling to Nashik, Pune Shirdi & Aurangabad from
all over the world, to visit the Nashik Kumbh Mela, Trambakeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple, World Heritage Monuments "Ajanta
and Ellora Caves "Shirdi Sai Baba Temple,Pune City Sightseeing,Osho Ashram, Ashtavinayak Temple Tour, Jyotirlinga Temple Tour,Maharashtra
Darshan.Etc Our Thirteen Years experience in the tourism industry assures you of our quality of service, dependability, care,
Nashik is a district head quarters located on the banks
of Godavari and is 185 km away from Mumbai. The climate is moderate, and is located at 635 m above mean sea level. The city
has developed on both the banks of Godavari which divides the city into almost equal halves. The History of the city dates
back to Ramayana. There are many references of the city in many epics as well as vedas. Today the city has developed into
a metropolis with a population of 14 lakh souls. The city since old days have developed on the banks with basically the design
of a religious place How-ever today it has been a flourishing Industrial Centre as well as an educational centre.
Nashik as a Holy Place:
The banks or Ghats on the Godavari at Nashik are considered to be sacred. It is believed that all the Sins are washed
out by taking Holy dip in the Kundas (Ponds) constructed in the river. Also by performing the last rites, Moksha is attained
by the deseased soul. The river in the Ramkunda (Pond) flow from North to South, hence the river becomes Dakshin Wahini i.e.
flowing towards South. This gives the Ramkunda a unique place or religious importance. Almost daily 3 to 5 thousand pilgrims
come and take Holy dip on the ghats. Also during some imporant days as per Hindus Calender, the number reaches to about 15
to 20 thousand pilgrims on a day. These ocassions are almost 2 to 3 in a month.
- Kala Ram Temple - Year 1782 by Odhekar family
- Sunder Narayan Temple - Year 1756 by Peshwas
- Umamaheshar Temple - Year 1758
- Nilkantheshwar Temple - Year 1747
- Goreram Temple - Year 1720-1740
- Naroshankar Temple - Year 1747 by Naroshankar Rajebahadur
- Ramkunda - Year 1761-1772 by Peshwas
- Murudeshwar - Year 1770
History of Kumbhamella
It is believed the Amrit was droped at 4 places in India
- Kumbhamella’s are held at these places Nashik, Ujjain, Haridwar & Allahabad.
- Kumbhamella held after 12 years.
- It is believed that at Sins are washed by taking ‘Holy bath’ during Kumbhamella
- Parvanis Holy days gather large Crowds and Sadhus.
- Area of Corporation : 259.13 sq kms
- Present Population : 11.00 lacs (Approx)
- Present Water Supply: 120 lpcd